Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy News!

Last Wednesday, I had an interview at Express Scripts. The lady said that they were hiring 20 pharmacy technicians, but that they were doing it differently this time. This time, they were going to hire 15 certified people, and 5 who had all the qualifications except for the certification. They would be interviewing 10 different people for the 5 non-certified-people spots. It went well, so on Monday, I had a manager's interview. I wasn't too sure if I had done well on that one or not.

On Wednesday morning, I had a few minutes before work to check my email. Lo and behold, there was an offer of employment from Express Scripts!

So basically it's this:
-I will be working as a data entry pharmacy technician. They will be training me how to do the pharmacy tech stuff.
-I had to sign up on a registry which allows me to work as a technician for 2 years. I will have to get my certification before it expires. (I'm not sure if they do the certification at Express Scripts or not.)
-It's night shift---M-F, 4 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Holy cow...but I like it! This way I still have days for doctor/dentist/eye/wedding appointments.
-Full time with benefits!! Yeahhhh!
-I'll be making almost 4 times as much as Subway. Heck to the yes.

I start November 7th, and I am excited. Usually the idea of most full-time jobs makes me really stressed out because my feet HATE standing for a long time. In this job, I'll get my own cubicle (I've always wanted my own cubicle lol...that sounds funny), I get to sit and type, and I get to wear casual clothes. Also, by April 13th (the day before our wedding), I will have accrued 8 paid days off. I plan to use some of these for the day before my wedding as well as honeymoon days.

So anyways. There's my happy news!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

yay! that sounds like a great job! congrats :)