Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wedding planning update. Anyone know of any photographers/DJs?





We now have a wedding website...http://sharisaandtroy.ourwedding.com










So, we have picked our colors! Blue and orange. My bridesmaids are going to be my best friend (other than Troy), my 2 sisters, and my 2 FSIL (future sisters-in-law). Troy is still working on his groomsmen, I believe.










Everywhere that I could find that had chair sashes/tablecloths were really expensive...the cheapest I found was $200 just for chair bows! But, lo and behold, I turned to good ol' eBay. For $70 I got 100 orange strips of pre-cut fabric which I will use for 80 chair bows and 10 or so table runners. (Yay China...it actually was priced at $35, but you know how shipping costs are.)










Chairs, tables, and the venue will be free because we are using the church. A lady my mom visit teaches said that she has a ton of wedding reception stuff we can use...so I'm assuming that will cover at least the tablecloths. She might have an arch thingy that we can stand under for the receiving line, too.










For flowers, I figure I need 60 orange ones, 30 blue ones, and only 4ish white ones. I'm going to get 75 orange carnations (maybe...I'm not sure if I want to use that kind) for $69.95, 25 white roses for $29.25, 50 blue Gerbers for $99.99, and fillers for under $20 from online. I'm going to make my bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, the boutonniers, and the centerpieces for the tables. (I hope I don't mess them up. I don't really have "artistic" skills.) I found the square glass containers I want for the centerpieces at Michael's. Around them, I'm going to tie a blue or orange ribbon (I'll alternate between tables). If I use the 40% coupons on each item, I can get 13 vases for $39, ribbon for $4.80, and the wrap stuff you put on the stem of the bouquets for $1.80.










A family friend of the Westovers is going to cater for us. They said they'd do it for free if we paid for the cost of the food. I'm budgeting $300...if it's more, Troy said he'd pay for it. We are thinking of having little sliders (mini burgers)...and I want to make a candy buffet! Yum.










My bridesmaids are buying their own dresses/accessories, but I am buying my best friend's since she will be paying to fly out here. I found cute wrist purse thingies on David's Bridal for $10 each...I'm thinking of buying orange ones to match each of my bridesmaids' blue dresses.










Cake...I found some pretty ones at Piece of Cake Desserts and Bamboo Bakery, but we haven't gone to any cake places yet.










We haven't looked at invitations yet.










For decorations, I want to have tulle with lights in it on the ceiling, and white lights on the wall.










I haven't looked at dresses yet because I'm trying to lose a few pounds first haha. I'm not spending more than $300, though.










One area I'm having a hard time in is the pictures. Troy's aunt does photography for fun, so we'll probably ask her to take some at the reception...but as for the engagement pictures and pictures where we're in our wedding attire (I think this is called "trash the dress"...apparently a lot of people these days are doing their wedding shoots before the wedding, to save time on the actual day), I'm stumped. They're so expensive! A price around $500 would be ideal for my little Subway salary. One factor that is really important to us is to have a DVD with the pictures on it. I have found a couple of wedding photographers that are around $500, but does anyone have any suggestions? Also, what do we do for music? I see that some people hire DJs, but they're soooo expensive...like $700 and up. We just want someone to play some music so we can have our first dance and stuff. Who DJs the stake dances?










Also, I am looking for another job (again). I'm going to need insurance...and bigger paychecks would help out a lot. If you hear of any openings anywhere, let me know!

No comments: