Monday, August 29, 2011

I think I have...

hypothyroidism. I (my mom too) have been thinking I've had this for awhile, but when I got my blood sent in, it came back normal. However, it was just a routine blood test, not a T4 or TSH. Routine blood tests don't check the thyroid. I'm going to go back in and ask for a T4 or TSH test.

Symptoms of hypothyroidism:
-being more sensitive to cold yes
-constipation no
-depression lately
-fatigue or feeling slowed down yes times a million
-heavier menstrual periods definitely
-joint or muscle pain yes
-paleness or dry skin dry skin, yes
-thin, brittle hair or fingernails yes
-weakness yes
-unintentional weight gain yes, I've been exercising 6 days a week and have been watching what I eat, yet I've gained 4.4 lbs. in 17 days =(
-decreased concentration and memory yes, this makes school even more frustrating

Anyway, I'm so exhausted so I'm actually going back to bed now...go figure.
I hope we get this figured out soon because I'm so sick of being so exhausted.

No comments: